Jan 1, 2015

Happy New Year



Lost Field 6"x6" 
Margaret Farrell Bruno

Our Girls Just Wanna Paint Challenge for January is Memory. I chose the field that was near my house as the subject since it was recently plowed down to build houses. I am trying to take the outlook that I was lucky that I got to enjoy it and paint paintings of this subject for many years. I knew that it was inevitable that houses would someday be built in this area, so I made sure to paint and take lots of photos over the years in all seasons. It was still very sad to see it go. On the bright side, we do still have some protected areas that were required to remain untouched and I am hoping that in some of those areas this beautiful field grass may reestablish itself. I am thinking positive for the New Year and looking forward to those days. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment