Jul 3, 2018

Calming Waves

Calming Waves (Plein Air)  8"X8" Oil Painting

My annual plein air trip to Maine with a group of my artist friends was, as always so productive, enjoyable and outright fun. I cannot quite decide if I need to work on this piece a yittle bit more in studio just to clean a few things up. Hmmm...
It was such a calming week especially during these tumultuous times. So it seemed a perfect fit to me for the GJWP category of "Calm" this month. It felt so good to be disconnected while up in Maine. Phones barely work. Internet kept giving the spinning wheel. I embraced and enjoyed it. Ignorance is bliss at times. Wishing everyone peace and calm in their lives.

I also wanted to let everyone know that the drawing was held for my fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association and Marina M. was the winner. Congratulations to Marina. I reached my goal of $2,000 with all your kind help so a big shout out of thank you to all of you that supported and contributed to this campaign in the fight against Alzheimer's. Although the drawing is done this year, you can still donate to this great cause here: Alzheimer's Longest Day. I will be joining the cause again next year, so if you are interested in a drawing of another one of my paintings, it is held the same time every year. Check back to my blog early spring of 2019 to join in on the fun for a great cause. 







SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment