Sep 13, 2010

Beginning of Summer


I had done a small 8"X8" plein aire piece for a fundraising event at the North River Arts Society, Out of the Box (or OTB). In that event, everyone is given a small square formatted board to work on. When I was out painting it, I thought it would be nice to actually compose the scene in a long horizontal format, so I used the plein aire piece and my reference to complete this larger painting. I couldn't post my larger piece or even the smaller piece until the Out of the Box event was done, because part of the fun and mystery of that event is to keep secret who the artist is who did the painting until bidding has ended. Well, the event ended this past Saturday night with a great party, absolutely fantastic Choclatinis and lots of happy people leaving with their newly won artwork.
So here is my longer 13" X 27" composition piece...


2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to go to that party, but spent the day in Boston and was too pooped to pop! This is a fabulous painting, and it makes you really feel the breeze and the sunshine. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - wait... can it be that the ONLY other commenter on this blog post is ME? Well, here I am, 3 months later - saying your painting looks so familiar!!! ;)
    I like yours better, though....
    Peggy - I'm going to put your blog on my blogroll right NOW! Sorry if it wasn't there earlier!

    ReplyDelete